Sunday, August 17, 2014

Home Sweet Home

So I have officially driven across the country twice in the span of about two months!! I can't even believe it but I have to say I feel very fortunate to have done so. The first time across was obviously to make the move to Virginia Beach and the second time was to bring my car to VB. Originally, we were going to have my car shipped through a moving company but I began to hear may horror stories of cars taking several months to arrive, terrible customer service etc. Even though I did put miles on my car I feel I saved piece of mind and was also able to see some new places. My sister made the trek with me and we had a fabulous time. We didn't kill each other either...I was surprised :) I will dedicate my next post to highlighting both road trips.

Being in a new city, with no job, no friends or family is exactly what it sounds like...frightening. Unpacking and organizing the house has taken up a lot of our time and that has taken my mind off of the obvious worry of not having a job but I have begun to do some job searching and applying. I also am enrolled in two classes, abnormal and developmental psychology. Both are online through California schools since I am still a CA resident. Pretty sure these classes will be keeping me occupied as well. 

Virgina Beach is growing on me. Manny and I have to keep reminding each other that it is not California, I mean nothing is ;) I am thankful there is a Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and four Targets!! We've visited some other cities recently that had only two small grocery stores so I know it could always be worse. It's all about perspective, right?

I'm trying to get myself back into the swing of physical activity. I feel like the majority of the last couple of months have been spent sitting in a car so trying to not sit too long anymore. I signed up for a 7 day gym pass at a local gym. It is a nice facility with plenty of equipment and classes but I don't have the money to spend on a membership at the moment just using to get myself out of the house this week. Plus, we have gym equipment at the house and I just discovered that we have an On Demand fitness channel so working out at home will be even better!

Time to get back to the house work!

Happy Sunday!

Anybody else out there do a cross country trip?? Tell me about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment