Friday, March 14, 2014

The start of something new


So my New Years resolution was to devote more time to my blog and make it a priority to at least post twice a week. Clearly, I haven't really been upholding my resolution. I can't quite figure out my lack of motivation or how to approach the issue. 
The next four months of my life are going to be very busy. I just started a Statistics class, I will explain exactly why I am taking the class another time, it's complicated. So the class is Monday through Thursday from 6:30 am- 7:45 am. Waaayyy too early for this night owl but it was the only class I could find to fit my schedule with work :(
I am looking at this from a positive angle and viewing it as a personal challenge. It's challenge enough that I am in bed by 10:00 pm. Fingers crossed I make it through and pass!!

The other big development in my life is that Manny has been offered an incredibly amazing job opportunity in Virginia Beach. Manny had actually been propositioned for the job last year and so we were prepared for the prospect of moving early on. It became official last week and we are now planning to leave California in June, trek across the country for a couple weeks to move/vacay and then settle into Virginia Beach in July. Naturally, being a native to Los Angeles and it also being my home for all my 32 years it does leave me with a touch of sadness. Though I just keep reminding myself that mine and Manny's family are in California and so we will always have a place to come back to. With all that said, I am beyond thrilled and excited to venture beyond my comfort zone and experience life on the other side of the country...I hear they have seasons :) He and I also friends on the east coast, so I look forward to visiting them and also being that much closer to NYC!!! My favorite big city!

I have been looking at the job market in Virginia Beach and getting an idea of what is available. I am generally focusing on personal training but also looking at government/military jobs. Developing this blog into a job as well would be a dream but I know that takes effort. But I suppose even if this blog isn't a paying job or even successful as of yet I should treat it as such, perhaps that should be my approach. I am going to do my best to document this new phase and journey in my life and hope to build an audience out in the web sphere to share it with.
 Here are some pictures as of late:

An Abs challenge Manny and I are doing. Today is day 14 but I'm seeing some results already. Let me also say that I despise ab workouts. A personal trainer probably shouldn't admit that but hey, I'm human :)

Disneyland to celebrate my mom's birthday!! I'm going to really miss living so close to Disneyland but as a trade off I will be closer to Disneyworld.

Manny and I at an event for an organization my dad is a part of, Society of Camera Operators. It was open bar, need I say more.


A beautiful San Diego sunset and an equally beautiful breakfast at San Diego's Snooze. Those apple cinnamon pancakes were incredible!

I'm off to San Diego to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this weekend, they have about 15 Irish pubs downtown. I'll be back to recap. Have a fun and safe one!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment