Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pushing myself

So I truly love to exercise in many different forms but running for some reason has never been quite my thing. However, I really want to try and give it a shot considering my boyfriend likes to run and I would love to start joining him. I also have many friends that run marathons and I believe it would be a great accomplishment to someday participate in one.

So tonight I ran! Not a terribly long run by any means but I did it. I also decided to run outdoors and found that running outdoors versus on a treadmill is much more conducive for the ability to push myself. Maybe it's the fresh air, scenery, who knows but it works. So I am going to keep at it and hopefully build a greater endurance...maybe even learn to love it.

After my run I visited the gym and did some barbell squats and ab work. All in all a good workout and I topped it off with a smoothie. 
Pineapple, half a banana, spinach, whey powder and Greek yogurt. A winning combo :)

Now I am off to do some much needed cleaning and organization. 

Xo Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment