Wednesday, October 23, 2013

This moment

I should start by saying that I really love the company I work for. It is the kind of place that cares about the employees and has a very tight knit, family vibe which is sort of rare since it is in the entertainment field and that tends to be more like "every man for itself". I also had gone through an extremely tough period of time where I was unemployed and could not find work. I was also struggling through heartbreak and that made it hard for me to focus on my passions and what I really wanted to pursue as far as a career because I was merely trying to survive.

With all this being said, I cannot help but feel so unfulfilled in my job. I think it is largely due to the fact that at this point in my life I imagined I would be somewhat further advanced in a career and definitely more passionate for my work. I know I am also influenced by societies standards and that also weighs on me. But regardless of what I should have done in the past or where my peers are in life, I have to release those hang ups and keep moving forward.

I've mentioned that I am studying for my personal training certification and by the end of the year I will have obtained the certification. From there, my friend Jen so gratuitously asked her trainer to let me shadow him while he trains clients. This will be a fantastic opportunity to learn while being in the field with a highly seasoned professional. 

Next year, I will look into more specific training certs: Prenatal, kids fitness and maybe Yoga.
It is really time to push forward, to take chances and build a career in which I am able to help others live a higher quality of life through fitness and proper nutrition.

Sorry for not much of an exciting post, just needed to vent. Hoping this weekend takes my mind off things. It's Halloween time, which I love! I am attending a costume party so pictures to come.

Xoxo Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment