Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Shipwrecked San Diego

I spent an incredible weekend in San Diego. Manny was originally supposed to come to Los Angeles but there were a lot of factors against him coming here and it made more sense for him to stay home. He is now in crunch time with studying for his exam to become a licensed psychologist. And with that I just felt it was better for him to not worry about travel.

So I left for SD Friday night on Amtrak. I got in close to 11:00 pm so we stayed in and watched the movie The Switch on Netflix. It was a cute rom-com. 

On Saturday we both did a couple hours of studying and then decided to hit the gym. We both some circuit training. I focused on lower body and he did upper body.

We refueled with a protein shake:
In an appropriate Oktoberfest glass :)

Later that night we went to see Gravity! It was amazing. An incredibly beautiful movie.

On Sunday, we took it easy and started to watch the Netflix series Orange Is The New Black. We are about 5 episodes in. A really good show. I was supposed to catch the train back home on Sunday but I decided to stay an extra night and take a really early train Monday morning...I just never want to leave :(
So we then decided to see World's End at the Naval Base. Manny is in the Navy and the theaters on base show free movies that have already been released for a while. The movie had some pretty funny moments. Afterwards, we went to the private beach on base and we then came across a boat abandoned and was stuck near the shore.

Manny on the boat!

An amazing end to the weekend. 

I know I have been really behind with my blogging. I think I am still getting the hang of the whole thing.

This week I really need to focus on my studies and want to be able to share what I am learning with all of you.
Goals for the week :)

Xo Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment